Wednesday, August 20, 2014

20 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

This idea came from the wonderful women of the Mahogany Homemakers group.  Because we are more than homeschoolers, here are my twenty answers.

1. How old are you?
I'm in my thirties, and I feel like a grandma...

 2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
I'll say tea, but I'd rather have water or juice 

3. Are you married? How long?
Yes. I've been married 8 years.

4. What were you doing with life before becoming a mom?
Lifelong student, I was. I was just finishing my masters in music when I learned I was pregnant.

5. What is your favorite color? green, but also any muted color, like a muted beige is the business...I like orange, too.

6. What do you (or would like to do) in your spare time?
I love learning to code for the web and beyond. My first language that I learned in college was Fortran. I started out as a civil engineering major. Then I taught myself HTML years ago. Over the summer I began learning more about javascript, Ruby, JQuery, HTML5, CSS3, and BOOTSTRAP.

7. What are you watching on TV nowadays?
I like reality shows. A lot of the scripted shows I like just don't stay on the air. So it's just easier to stay with reality shows- the ones with longevity like RHOA. Of course there's Scandal, but sometimes they do too much.

8. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
Cosby Show

9. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want any?
Nope. I couldn't think of anything to get while I was young.

10. What is your dream vacation? Any place with a great, clean beach and people with good sense.

 11. Did your husband match the "man of your dreams"? (for example, you always imagined marrying Mr. Tall Dark & Fine but fell in love with Mr. Short Light and Decent Looking)
The answer is a swift no, but he is the most beautiful person I'd ever met.

12. Would you go to an adult roller skating party?
Of course. Are you planning it?

13. As a teen, were you the social butterfly or wall flower?
In between.

14. Have you traveled internationally?
Does Canada and Mexico count?

15. Do you know how to swim?
No, but I wish I did.

16. Do you prefer a bath or shower?
Shower.

17. What is your favorite movie genre?
RomComs

18. Do you have any pets?
No, thank the Lord.

19. What is you favorite music genre?
jazz, r&b

20. Would you participate in the "Real Homeschool Moms of Your Area" reality show?
If I can wear a uniform of scrubs and a head scarf, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment