Monday, September 30, 2013

Overdue Like Library Books/ Word Sorts

This blog is finally up but was started two weeks ago.

This blog is overdue like...


...library books.
...traffic citations/fines.
...a forgotten bill.
...student loans.
...a hug from your only child who's been in school all day.
...quality time with your spouse or loved one.
...a term paper.
...driver's license renewal.

So I was out of commission for a little while because I was waiting on an adaptor for my laptop. Yes, other computers were available to me, but my trusted macbook pro feels like home. After my adaptor arrived it just seemed like I couldn't break away from life long enough to blog about it.

I have lots to share with you. Lots of little blessings and found/ free things to use for my daughter's schooling at home. For those who may not know, my daughter schools at school and at home.

Since my last entry, I realized that I had the Words Their Way book here already. This will be my word study curriculum. I would much rather use Spell Links, or something more explicit, but I'm on spending probation. One would probably gasp at the amount of curriculum materials that I have. Meanwhile here are the first five sorts from Words Their Way. She should be further along, but I thought this was a good place to start. At some point I'll post these on my resource page. I hope that these are helpful. Simply just drag and drop each word into the appropriate column.

Short a, Long a

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player


Short i, Long i
Short o, Long o
Short u, Long u
Short vowel, Long vowel
Short vowel+ck, Long vowel+ke

Again, you will have to access the links with a flash enabled device.

Feel free to leave your "overdue like..." comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment